How I Got Pissed with GTBank Concerning my Token Device Activation

On the Monday 5th August, 2014, I had a transaction I wanted to pay for on a particular site with my GTBank Naira MasterCard. But I was unable to pay for it, because I was asked to enter my "Activation Code" in the last stage for me to pay for the goods.

Since I never had a clue of what that means I had to read the instruction thinking I would be able to generate the code within few minutes, but to my surprise when I called GTBank Connect on their Customer Care, the told me that the code at the back of my TOKEN DEVICE was wrongly attached to my account.

So the lady who answered me on my first call told me she was going to send a mail to branch I opened my account that the issue was going to be settled before the close of business that day.

I checked back and found out that nothing has being done concerning it. i also called the next day a male Customer Agent answered me and told me that the mail was actually sent but the issue wasn't settled.

Now this persisted until Thursday 7th August, 2014, of which i got a mail from the branch saying my request has been received and that it would be settled by 8:00pm that night but to my surprise again nothing was done. See the Screenshot below of the mail.


After that I called during the weekend to confirm if it has being done, so I had to wait until Monday 11th August,2014 to go to the bank to confirm what the problem was and why they were not fixing it.

So there at the bank I complained that I needed to carry out a transaction but it's being delayed because of the wrong attachment of my device to  my account. There and then i carried out all they told me to do to make it active, so i was assured that it would be resolved that very day.

Very late at night I tried logging in my token with my system but it still showed me "Invalid Token". I decided not to go to the bank on tuesday because my schedule was tight, so i told my self if it wasn't settled by Tuesday night i would go and close my account there on Wednesday as I told the lady who attended to me on Monday I went there. But when i woke up at about 1pm early in the morning on Wednesday I saw a mail on my phone saying the issue has been settled of which when i went to where my PC was I logged in with the device and it was active. 

                                                    

My only anger was why were they waiting for me to come to the bank before trying to settle whatever issue I had with my Token Device.

ALSO READ: How I Got My GTBank Token Device After Many Hassles


Comments

SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG